Windows retro ricing

A meeting room for Black Knights to discuss topics that don't fit into any of the other subforums.
User avatar
capstasher Online
Reactions: 320
Posts: 277
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2026 11:11 am
Website: https://capstasher.neocities.org
Waifus: 42
The Führer Maho Hiyajo Amane Suzuha

Re: Windows retro ricing

Post by capstasher »

cidoku wrote: Fri Feb 20, 2026 9:24 pm
He, he. You guys still use an OS made after 2007 that you need to rice?
Drop wallpaper
Image
Image
Image
Those secret messages
That spill into the air
From far away, so far away
A flowing river of illusion
Running with confusion
Never gone, it goes on and on.
User avatar
cidoku Offline
Tempus edax rerum
Reactions: 174
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2026 4:32 pm
Location: Heretical Technologies Inc., Shinano
Website: https://cidoku.net/en/
Waifus: 9
Lambdadelta Ononoki Yotsugi Maho Hiyajo

Re: Windows retro ricing

Post by cidoku »

This is the end, my only friend. The end.
User avatar
capstasher Online
Reactions: 320
Posts: 277
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2026 11:11 am
Website: https://capstasher.neocities.org
Waifus: 42
The Führer Maho Hiyajo Amane Suzuha

Re: Windows retro ricing

Post by capstasher »

cidoku wrote: Fri Feb 20, 2026 10:18 pm
Added to my cute and funny wallpaper folder.
1 Image
Image
Image
Image
Those secret messages
That spill into the air
From far away, so far away
A flowing river of illusion
Running with confusion
Never gone, it goes on and on.
User avatar
alix Offline
Moekaposter/Moekalover/Literally Moeka
Reactions: 117
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2026 7:35 am
Location: ???
Website: https://setagayacabin.nekoweb.org/
Waifus: 3
Tomoko Kuroki Kiryuu Moeka

Re: Windows retro ricing

Post by alix »

John Titor wrote: Mon Feb 16, 2026 2:34 am
Anyone know how to rice out windows 10 to make it look more retro? Or firefox aswell, on linux its a bit easier but im not sure what type of things i could do that wouldnt affect performance too much
As others have said retro-ricing Windows 10 and 11 is pretty easy, just use both Retrobar and OpenShell and if you want to go the extra mile change some .ico files to their classic version.

Ironically enough, this is harder to do on some Linux distros and environments. Mint Cinnamon has zero Vista themes, though there are a lot of other great classic ones.
1 Image
User avatar
Maypews Offline
Webmaster, Otaking, Karter
Reactions: 853
Posts: 820
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2025 10:12 am
Location: Dixieland
Website: https://maydb.net
Waifus: 34
Shion Sonozaki Chitoge Kirisaki Ayana Otonashi Nextbot (Derby #1)

Re: Windows retro ricing

Post by Maypews »

Alright, so I finally came up with a solution to the BQ (Browser Question). As I said up the thread, I was kind of homeless and without a browser because Echelon doesn't seem maintained anymore and the browser build it was built on was breaking down. Kinda surprised at how quickly browsers break down, it's from 2024 and was already becoming unusable on a solid chunk of websites.

But anyway after this I started to main Pale Moon but man it just is sooo slow on any remotely modern site and it also breaks in ways that no other browser does and youll have no idea what or why until you test it in another one, probably because it's practically just a fork of really old Firefox versions. Then having to open another browser any time you want to visit a new-ish website just... sucks frankly.

But I recently installed Geckium on Firefox. Now I was aware of Geckium before but kind of spurned it cause from the handful of pics I'd seen I didn't think it looked as cool as Firefox's old look. Still not sure if I do, but it does look better than I had given it credit for at least imo especially if you have a good theme, Chrome's 2008 UI is definitely better than most looks are at least; feels somewhat Y2K almost with the futuristic tab panels and buttons. And I have mostly used Chrome (and IE before) historically anyway so in a sense it feels more familiar to me. Very happy with it.

deluoodecap.PNG
deluoodecap.PNG (1.65 MiB) Viewed 301 times
3 Image
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FuwaRei00 and 2 guests